[mrtg] Skipping a target

William Owen william.owen at profilesmail.com
Thu Jan 27 15:43:56 MET 2005

I have done a little looking and cannot find this documented so to the list
we go.

I user Routers2 as a front-end for MRTG and would like to know if there is a
way to have MRTG ignore a specific target line?  Currently I maintain two
copies of my config files.  One that MRTG queries, and another that Routers2
queries that includes target definitions (with 'Target[Device_Desc]: null')
for data that is collected via external scripts not run by MRTG.  Where this
is functional, it is a pain to try to keep the two configs synchronized.
Ideally, MRTG would recognize a directive like 'Options[Device_Desc]:
NoParse' or something like that.

I understand if the answer is no, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

MRTG 2.11.1
RRDTool 1.0.48
Routers2 2.15

William T. Owen, CCNA