[mrtg] Re: Skipping a target

William Owen william.owen at profilesmail.com
Thu Jan 27 16:43:03 MET 2005

>> I user Routers2 as a front-end for MRTG and would like to know if
>there is
>> way to have MRTG ignore a specific target line?
>
>Sure there is. I think you're looking for this:
>
>routers.cgi*Options[target_name]: ignore

I actually want to show the target in Routers2.  I want to skip polling it
via MRTG as I am filling my RRD file from an external script.  The config
that routers2 parses looks like below but MRTG cannot parse it without
spitting up errors about the 'Target[SERVER_Target]: null' line.

Include: C:\MRTG\Configs\Include\Include.cfg

Directory[_]: SERVER

routers.cgi*Icon: dell_power_edge.gif
routers.cgi*InMenu: yes

#
# NetSaint Processor: Parsed by MRTG and Routers2
#

Target[SERVER-cpu]: `perl C:\MRTG\Scripts\mrtg-pnsclient.pl -H SERVER -v
CPULOAD -l 5 -l 15`
Title[SERVER-cpu]: SERVER CPU Activity
MaxBytes[SERVER-cpu]: 100
PageTop[SERVER-cpu]: null
LegendI[SERVER-cpu]: 5min :
LegendO[SERVER-cpu]: 15min:
Options[SERVER-cpu]: gauge growright
Ylegend[SERVER-cpu]: percent
ShortLegend[SERVER-cpu]: %
Legend1[SERVER-cpu]: 5minute average
Legend2[SERVER-cpu]: 15minute average
Legend3[SERVER-cpu]: Peak 5min average
Legend4[SERVER-cpu]: Peak 15min average
SetEnv[SERVER-cpu]: MRTG_INT_DESCR="CPU Activity"
routers.cgi*Mode[SERVER-cpu]: cpu
routers.cgi*Options[SERVER-cpu]: fixunit nototal nopercent scaled
routers.cgi*Icon[SERVER-cpu]: intel-sm.gif

# Non-MRTG target: Skipped by MRTG but used for Routers2

WithPeak[SERVER_Target]: ymw
Options[SERVER_Target]: gauge, nopercent
Target[SERVER_Target]: null
Title[SERVER_Target]: SERVER: Target
MaxBytes[SERVER_Target]: 1000000000
Legend1[SERVER_Target]: Legend1
Legend2[SERVER_Target]: Legend2
Legend3[SERVER_Target]: Maximal Legend1
Legend4[SERVER_Target]: Maximal Legend2
LegendI[SERVER_Target]:  Target
LegendO[SERVER_Target]:  Target
YLegend[SERVER_Target]: Targe
ShortLegend[SERVER_Target]:
PageTop[SERVER_Target]: null
SetEnv[SERVER_Target]: MRTG_INT_DESCR="Target"
routers.cgi*Options[SERVER_Target]: fixunit noo nototal nopercent nomax
routers.cgi*Icon[SERVER_Target]: something.gif