[mrtg] Re: debugging problems when using a custom MIB

Peter Glanville Peter_Glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 10:03:30 MET 2005

> And when I just put in the actual OID or ObjectName, no errors are
> returned...
So it's running OK then.

> I am starting with
> 'mtaReceivedMessages' & 'mppMTASpamCount' since those are always
> increasing and are integers.

Increasing at what speed?

> SNMPGET's work just fine from the CLI, for example:
> snmpget localhost mtaReceivedMessages
> MPP-MIB::mtaReceivedMessages = INTEGER: 1132
>
> snmpget localhost mppMTASpamCount
> MPP-MIB::mppMTASpamCount = INTEGER: 169

Hmm. Low numbers then.
Since the MRTG default is to calculate change per second, what would you
get? Less than one per second would show as zero
Have you tried the perminute option
You ask about a debugging option, but do not clearly define your problem.
It sounds like you are plotting zeros, and that is a standard issue.

Peter