[mrtg] 3com and VLAN measurements

liz liz at unixgrrl.net
Sat Jan 29 23:44:31 MET 2005

Greetings!

I have a question about MRTG and some 3com Superstack switches we have.
For the VLAN bandwith on the switches its showing a maximum 100 mb/s
and it goes no higher than that. My question is when it says VLAN I
suspect it means the default switch VLAN. Is it measuring the total
switch traffic? If so the backplane on the switches is supposed to be 8
GB or something ridiculous like that.  If were getting near to maxing
the vlans out ie: 96 MB/s does that mean we are exceeding switch capacity :)

Thanks,
Liz