[mrtg] about ipv6 traffic

arif akar e129137 at metu.edu.tr
Fri Jul 1 10:56:33 MEST 2005

hi all,
I am dealing with mrtg for graphing network traffic. As a problem,
since our installed snmp is ipv4 enabled only, i am not sure datas of
ipv6 adresses -of which i want to graph- can be figured by MRTG. No
problem with ipv4 adresses graphs,i can reach them for now. My
interest is displaying graphs of ipv6 traffic, via snmp without an
ipv6 update. First of all, there is the probability that it is
impossible to get the information of querying for ipv6 traffic via
snmp ipv4 enabled only,but i dont wanna believe in this probability.
This is the first thing i need to be clarified. Also i think that MRTG
is a configurable program for different user interests, if so, it
should be possible to get the information for ipv6 traffic graphs,
then how can i configure MRTG so that it can figure out ipv6 datas
from router? More, i think --enable ipv6 is not my case. it works if u
have ipv6 enabled
routers,ipv6 enabled SNMP,, etc. Briefly, i am trying to find a
solution for graphing
ipv6 traffic via an ipv4 enabled router, whats my starting
point? thanks for paying attention...

      Arif AKAR

      Electrical & Electronics Eng.

      Middle East Technical University