[mrtg] Absolute question

William Owen william.owen at profilesmail.com
Tue Jul 5 19:00:34 MEST 2005

Does MRTG have any support for the Absolute data type in RRDTool?

I use a script to pull stats from several boxes, run some math on it and
produce a decimal number.  I would like to then feed this into a RRD file as
an Absolute value.  I have set absolute under the Options[]: section of my
config but the RRD is still created as a Counter according to the -debug=log
information.  This is undesirable because RRDTool sees a second update <
first update as a 32-bit counter wrap and adds to it accordingly.  This is
producing large (inaccurate) spikes in my graphs quite frequently.

MRTG: 2.10.12

Perl: v5.8.6 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread

RRDTool: rrdtool-1.0.48.win32-perl58-distr

Platform: WinXP Pro SP1

William T. Owen, CCNA
Network Administrator
Profiles International, Inc.
(254) 751-1644 ext: 163
William.Owen at ProfilesMail.com
<BLOCKED::mailto:William.Owen at ProfilesMail.com>