[mrtg] "array found where operator expected" why?

Cyrille Bollu Cyrille.Bollu at fedasil.be
Wed Jul 6 10:12:54 MEST 2005

Hi all,
I've finally found a solution to that problem. But still doesn't know why
it happened.

The fact is that when I try, with mrtg, to get the number of connections
currently in use on my PIX 501 with the snmp object
"cfwConnectionStatValue.protoIp.currentInUse" I receive the error "array
found where operator expected" whereas it works like a charm when I get it
through "cfwConnectionStatValue.40.6".

In the mean time, both "cfwConnectionStatValue.protoIp.currentInUse" and
"cfwConnectionStatValue.40.6" return a correct answer when I use snmpget.

Does anybody has an idea as why it doesn't work in mrtg as it does with
snmpget?

Best regards,

Cyrille