[mrtg] Re: Changing instance numbers for Virtual Memory

DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com
Tue Jul 12 00:35:01 MEST 2005

What you will want to do is have a script that will do an snmpwalk on
the following OID:

.1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.3

aka

.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.host.hrStorage.hrStorageTable.hrStorageEntry.hrStorageDescr

This will give you the description of the storage for each monitored
storage element. Then use the corresponding variable that matches with
the description of "Virtual Memory".

Everything you should need for storage elements can be found by doing
an snmpwalk on the following OID:

.1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1

I hope this helps.

Daniel Magnuszewski
CCNA
M & T Bank
dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com

>>> "Bill Matthews" <bill.matthews at gmail.com> 07/11/05 3:05 PM >>>
Similar question to shane, but about a changing instance #...

I use cfgmaker, and templates.  I want to graph Virtual Memory which
has become hrStorageType.X.  Problem is, .X is different on every
system.  On one system it's hrStorageType.6 and another it's
hrStorageType.4

I imagine there's a way to read hrStorageType into an array, look for
hrStorageDescr = Virtual Memory and get that instance #.  But I'm not
sure how to structure that.

Any advice?
BM