[mrtg] Dell powerconnect switch interface bandwidth monitoring

Shad Taylor shad.taylor at cicadacorp.com
Thu Jul 21 22:09:27 MEST 2005

I'm having a problem with monitoring Dell powerconnect switch interfaces. I
came up with this from my previous research:

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=pc_managed
<http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=pc_managed&m
essage.id=10> &message.id=10

 . . . so I modified my SNMP.Session.pm line:

-----------------

$SNMP_Session::default_avoid_negative_request_ids = 0;

$SNMP_Session::default_avoid_negative_request_ids = 1;

The above change had no affect.   Cfgmaker runs just fine and walks the
device, but when I look at the mrtg.cfg file, all interfaces are remarked
out as being down.  Sorry if I'm just missing something simple here . . .
I've just never encountered the problem before.  Any point in the right
direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shad