[mrtg] Updating all ports from CRON not working..

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Wed Jul 27 14:39:27 MEST 2005

            I wrote a script that will run all of the processes that I
manually have to run in order to update all of the ports on my switches
and the script runs fine if I run it on my server, but if CRON runs it,
it doesn't work at all, does anyone have any clue why? At first I
figured it may be a path problem, because I was running the script from
the bin directory which contains the indexmaker the cfgmaker which are
two scripts that my bash script requires... but I fixed the pathing
issue and I can execute this script from any directory on my server now,
but whenever cron runs it. It stops polling and wont create the indices,
and of course cron doesn't create logs.

Any ideas?

-Drew