[mrtg] aargh - errors again.

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Sun Jun 5 20:50:48 MEST 2005

Just upgraded to mrtg 2.12.1, although in all honesty, my DSL has
been down for 2 weeks, so don't know how far back this goes..

did a clean cfgmaker, and the cfg file I've put at
http://www.espphotography.com/mrtgcfg.html .

Running perl mrtg.cfg  gives a whole slew of errors (At the end of
the message). I had this problem before, and the only reply I could
find was from Matt suggesting the Table needs to be indented, but
these errors are way before that.

For reference, line 28 is Target[192.168.1.2_4]: 4:public at 192.168.1.2: .

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Evan

Array found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 28, at end of line
Bareword found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 29, near ""192.168.1.2"
MRTG_INT_DESCR"
         (Missing operator before MRTG_INT_DESCR?)
Bareword found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 30, near "MaxBytes"
         (Missing semicolon on previous line?)
Bareword found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 31, near "Title"
         (Missing semicolon on previous line?)
Bareword found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 31, near "-- DESKTOP"
         (Missing operator before DESKTOP?)
Bareword found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 32, near "<h1>Traffic"
         (Missing operator before Traffic?)
Bareword found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 32, near "-- DESKTOP"
         (Missing operator before DESKTOP?)
Bareword found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 36, near
"<td>System:</t
d"
   (Might be a runaway multi-line // string starting on line 32)
         (Missing operator before td?)
Bareword found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 37, near "<td>DESKTOP"
         (Missing operator before DESKTOP?)
Bareword found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 40, near
"<td>Maintainer
:</td"
   (Might be a runaway multi-line // string starting on line 38)
         (Missing operator before td?)
Bareword found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 44, near
"<td>Descriptio
n"
   (Might be a runaway multi-line >> string starting on line 43)
         (Missing operator before Description?)
Bareword found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 48, near "<td>ifType"
   (Might be a runaway multi-line >> string starting on line 47)
         (Missing operator before ifType?)
Bareword found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 52, near "<td>ifName"
   (Might be a runaway multi-line >> string starting on line 51)
         (Missing operator before ifName?)
Bareword found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 56, near
"<td>Max Speed:
   (Might be a runaway multi-line // string starting on line 54)
         (Missing operator before td?)
Number found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 57, near "<td>12.5"
         (Missing operator before 12.5?)
Bareword found where operator expected at mrtg.cfg line 57, near "12.5 MBytes"