[mrtg] Re: threshold alert every 2 hour, not every 5 minutes

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Jun 10 20:02:21 MEST 2005

Add that logic to your threshold program.

Paul

>>> "Dan Wozniak" <dwozniak at exs.esb.com> 06/10/05 1:40 PM >>>
Every 5 minutes, I'm having my MRTG server poll my router for the
bandwidth status.  Every time it polls, it checks the input against
the
defined threshold boundary which I set.  If the threshold is broken,
it
calls a perl script which then sends out an email.

If the T1 maxes out for 30 minutes, I'd receive 6 email messages
notifying me of the threshold break.   This is unreasonable.  I want
receive 1 email message only if the T1 maxes out for 2 hours straight.
Does anyone have any ideas on how I would go about doing this?  Thanks
in advance.

--Dan