[mrtg] Re: SNMP monitoring of Windows CPU/Memory/Disk

Daniel maher dmaher at acetechnology.com
Fri Jun 10 20:43:46 MEST 2005

There is a guy on this list who will tell you just to use SNMP
Informant.  I think he's the owner or something, because it's actually
the only thing I've ever seen him talk about.  I've used it, and it's
actually a pretty decent tool, so at least he's not lying. ;)

That said, both Windows 2000 (Server) and 2003 come with an SNMP service
that can be quickly and easily enabled (for free).  Just go to your
Services Viewer, and look for the item labelled SNMP.  It can be
controlled just like any other Windows service.

Oh, and good luck trying to get useful memory stats out of a 2000 box.
The stats that 2003 spits out are good, though.

Daniel Maher
System Engineer
ACE TECHNOLOGY INC.