[mrtg] Re: threshold alert every 2 hour, not every 5 minutes

Kerry Werry KWerry at pivotal.com
Fri Jun 10 22:48:22 MEST 2005

The easiest thing to do if you only want to know when a threshold is
violated is use:

ThreshDir (GLOBAL)
By defining ThreshDir to point to a writable directory, MRTG will only
alert you when a threshold boundery has been crossed.

Example:

 ThreshDir: /var/mrtg/thresh

This way you only get one e-mail when the threshold is violated and
another when it is ok again..
Works very well..

KLW

Kerry L. Werry
604-699-8087 (w)
604-762-1293 (c)

This message is intended only for the named recipients and may contain
information that is confidential, privileged, or exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. Any dissemination, use, or copying of this message
by anyone other than the named recipients is strictly prohibited