[mrtg] Re: MRTG Return Code

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jun 13 02:53:12 MEST 2005

Tobi worte:

And then, Dan wrote:
>These are the cases when it returns an error code of 0, even
>though there was a problem gathering the data:

I think MRTG is operating as designed; however, I for one would like to see
a bit more variety in the return code to help track down non-fatal problems.

eg, return the highest number of --

0: all OK
1: SNMP no response detected
2: Error running `` script
999: Error parsing .cfg file, unable to run

This way, we'd be able to detect the difference between a totally screwed
configuration, and one with a typo in the hostname or community string.

Would this be a fair thing to add to the wishlist?

Steve