[mrtg] Re: Problem with Net-SNMP and sysUptime / sysName

Clemson, Chris Chris.Clemson at softwareag.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 16:33:16 MEST 2005

> This does not look like to be a sysuptime OID.
>
> [john at xwing]/home/john>: snmptranslate -Oa 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.6.101
> HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageUsed.101
>

> it looks like it is used for storage, perhaps you were monitoring
> storage before?? did you try snmpwalk'ing with that OID?? I
> get no output
>
> [john at xwing]/home/john>: snmpwalk -c public -v 1 localhost
> 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.6.101
>

> It just goes right back to command prompt after that.
>
> To recap: That OID doesnt appear to be sysuptime or sysname.

Thanks John, yes, I think it was a line left over from my previous config, I have now deleted it and it's not giving any more errors.

Well done for spotting it!
I haven't had much luck using snmpwalk before, but the net-snmp version seems to work perfectly.
I will use it more often in future :)
thanks again,

Chris