[mrtg] Re: Number of monitored interfaces

jon.hartman at verizon.com jon.hartman at verizon.com
Wed Jun 29 17:41:42 MEST 2005

You could do that, if you're content to click through 5 menu levels to see
a graph. It is even likely quite easy to set up.

We use MRTG to gather data and rrdtool to store it. We have a separate
config file for each device and a separate 14all.cgi file pointed to each
config file. We have static webpages sorted how we like it that call the
images from 14all.cgi. After mentioning that, I don't mind saying it is a
LOT of work and requires maintenance when a new load-balancer farm IP,
router, or RTR/SAA/IP SLA probe is added, but if you want information at a
glance, it is well worth it.

-Jon