[mrtg] OFFTOPIC (not mrtg, but snmp related) .. please help!

Valeriy Polyakov VALP at Lundbeck.com
Fri Mar 4 17:36:08 MET 2005

don't hate me too much since this isnt mrtg related ..

ive a windows 2000 box here, running the snmp services and the trap service
i DO have mrtg monitoring it, and everythign works fine from that standpoint
:)
i have threshhold that i'm monitoring with snmp, and as soon as the
threshold is met, mrtg sends me an email
that says "blah blah blah, such and such occured".

now.. i wrote a simple .bat script for the windows box that fixes the
problem (of which i'm alerted by mrtg)

is it possible to somehow have this .bat ran automatically?

without mrtg (since its on another box).. through traps, or whatnot..
i am not too experienced with this..  so let me explain what i'd like to do

there's a drive E:\ on this box. i have installed the SNMP informant
(www.snmp-informant.com) that, among other things,
has the ability to monitor the percentage of free space available

if i have less than 20% of available space on that drive, i want to run the
.bat i wrote.

how would i do it?   (keep in mind, please, that mrtg is on another box.. so
i cant use the usual mrtg thresholds.. this should be done with purely
windows and its snmp agent / trap service)

sorry for the length, and thanks in advance!

Val