[mrtg] Re: Fwd: Newbie - Problems with CPU, memory, swap on Compaq Deskpro

Corstian corstian at consonare.nl
Fri Mar 25 11:54:39 MET 2005

The results so far:

CPU and Network graphs are working; I removed the "gauge" option in the
configfile, and after that, I get results, which are right, I suppose...

http://pinkpanther.homelinux.net/System/mrtg/cpu/
http://pinkpanther.homelinux.net/System/mrtg/network/

For the memory I am still searching for the right MIB which I can use...
I already found memTotalReal.0, which contains the total amount of Memory
(in MB ??)

# snmpget -v1 -Cf -c public localhost  memTotalReal.0
UCD-SNMP-MIB::memTotalReal.0 = INTEGER: 250

I am still looking for a used Memory or a free memory MIB.
And for MIB's about my SWAP usage...

I created a script, which gets all MIB's which are configured in the
/usr/share/snmp/mibs/* files..., to see, which MIB contains usefull
information for me.

All the memory related items I found inhere are kind of useless...

UCD-SNMP-MIB::memIndex.0 = INTEGER: 0
UCD-SNMP-MIB::memErrorName.0 = STRING: swap
UCD-SNMP-MIB::memTotalSwap.0 = INTEGER: 29
UCD-SNMP-MIB::memAvailSwap.0 = INTEGER: 0
UCD-SNMP-MIB::memTotalReal.0 = INTEGER: 250
UCD-SNMP-MIB::memAvailReal.0 = INTEGER: 0
UCD-SNMP-MIB::memTotalFree.0 = INTEGER: 0
UCD-SNMP-MIB::memMinimumSwap.0 = INTEGER: 16000
UCD-SNMP-MIB::memShared.0 = INTEGER: 0
UCD-SNMP-MIB::memBuffer.0 = INTEGER: 0
UCD-SNMP-MIB::memCached.0 = INTEGER: 0
UCD-SNMP-MIB::memSwapError.0 = INTEGER: 1
UCD-SNMP-MIB::memSwapErrorMsg.0 = STRING: Running out of swap space (0)

--
groetjes,
Corstian