[mrtg] Re: Win2k3 Memory Monitoring

Josh R. Andrews jandrews at kccllc.com
Thu May 12 19:27:15 MEST 2005

I would suggest using the SNMP Informant software that is available at
http://www.snmp-informant.com/. It's an easily installable file, less
then 1MB, and I've got it on about 20 W2K3 boxen right now with no
problems.

Microsoft's built-in monitoring OIDs are sadly lacking and are a real
pain to implement, particularly across multiple machines.

Their SQL Server OIDs also totally bite. I can see the results if I do
an SNMPwalk across a box with SQL 2K, but when I try to do a direct get
of any of their OID (for things like cache hit rate or whatever) I
always get a "doesn't exist" response. If anyone has any better
suggestions on that I would love to hear them.

Good luck,

Josh