[mrtg] FW: Problem changing Options[] for a target

Dean, Mike mdean at landstar.com
Sun May 15 04:39:32 MEST 2005

In my config, I set a default option set (at the top of the config):
Options[_]: bits,growright

For some of my targets (port errors), I don't want the bits option.  For those targets where I don't want bits I do the following:

Options[target-name.err]: gauge
Target[target-name.err]: OID, ....

My understanding is that by specifying Options[xxx], it will override the default setting.  I am not finding that to be the case. I have also tried:

Options[_]:
Options[target-name.err]: gauge
Target[target-name.err]: OID, ....
.
.
Options[_]: bits,growright
Target[target-with-bits-set]: OID ...

The configuration runs without errors.  But the values for the xxx.err targets (with the modified Option setting) are still being multiplied by 8.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Mike