[mrtg] Re: Vlans

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Wed Nov 2 00:25:47 MET 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 14:37 -0800, Keith Woodworth wrote:
> Using MRTG against a bunch of our switches (2950's and 3550's) for a long
> time and those switches have Vlans.

vlans, completely layer 2?  or vlan interfaces that are diverse routing
entities.

> Is it worth it to graph Vlans?

not for layer 2.  Those are all wirespeed fabrics, so you don't have a
constrained resource that graphing would allow you to predict anything
useful.

for layer 3 it is marginally interesting when planning uplinks.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CNX, CISSP # 78281
Austin Energy

dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com