[mrtg] Re: Mrtg for Allot

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Nov 28 19:03:02 MET 2005

Because if you use MRTG to collect the data, the lowest interval
you are able to use is 5 minutes.  If you want to collect with greater

than 5 minute frequency (like you are with 1 minute graqnularity)
then you need to use another collector.

Paul

>>> <lokesh.khanna at accelonafrica.com> 11/28/05 12:56 PM >>>
Thanks
It is working now.
I have more query. I need to understand how MRTG makes graph. When it
says it is 5 min Avg, then how does MRTG calculates Avg.

For example I have below configuration. I am using rrd tool here.
Interval is set to 1 minute. And in cron I am executing mrtg after
every
1 min.
So MRTG should poll after every 1 min and should give me 1 min avg
usage.
But I noticed my graph get updated after 5 min. Why so?