[mrtg] using max bytes creates percent error?

jabbott at abbotts.org jabbott at abbotts.org
Fri Oct 7 16:03:24 MEST 2005

Maybe I am thinking of this the wrong way but I have setup some unscaled graphs in MRTG using:
MaxBytes:1000000000
So that I can get a picture of how much of the pipe we are filling up on our 100mega bit switch.  I get a good graph, showing that I am filling about half, 53.2Mb/s but then the percentage behind the Max is (6.7%)  Where is that number coming from?  Shouldn't it be 53%?  Is there some additional setting I need to change or am I just not reading it right?

--ja