[mrtg] Re: getlog.pl target multiplier

kelsey hudson khudson at tsss.org
Fri Oct 7 23:11:25 MEST 2005

Jason Kuhlman wrote:
> I am using getlog.pl on windows to graph performance counters. On a
> couple of counters I would like to multiply them to get whole number.
> Is it possible to multiply the following line of a config file by say
> 100 to get whole numbers that MRTG can graph or am I looking at setting
> up rrdtools?
>
> Target[test]: `perl c:\mrtg\bin\getlog.pl c:\perflogs\log.csv
> "\\MACHINENAME\Counter"`

Target[test]: `perl c:\mrtg\bin\getlog.pl c:\perflogs\log.csv
"\\MACHINENAME\Counter"` * 100

... or variants has always worked for me for other types of targets

I think I remember seeing somewhere a config option that allows you to
manipulate data such as you require ... you might want to consult the
config file documentation as I do not recall the proper syntax.

Good luck,
-Kelsey