[mrtg] Re: MRTG Mapping Fractional T1

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Oct 13 20:13:41 MEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 10:34 -0400, Natalie Aloi wrote:
> I have a single interface - what I think may be happening is that one of
> the channels is not taking traffic, also I am not completely sure that
> the router is configured to show the different channels - I just know
> only 16 of the 24 are being used for data the other 8 are being using
> for phones.

in a later post, you list the device as "serial1".  I assume it is not a
built-in DSU, and that you are doing the add-drop function at an
external CSU/DSU.  The Cisco router, in that case, has absolutely no
data to work with.  YOu might be able to grab something from the CSU if
it is SNMP enabled.

But the general case is that bits are sliced across all active channels,
so it's not possible for one timeslot to not work and the T1 continue to
function.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CNX, CISSP # 78281
Austin Energy

dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com