[mrtg] image problem on FreeBSD

Will Yardley mrtg at veggiechinese.net
Thu Oct 13 23:17:59 MEST 2005

MRTG 2.12.1 (from ports) on FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE

Worked before... if I go to:

http://foo.example.com/cgi-bin/14all-1.1.cgi?dir=traffic/

I can see the images Ok - however, if I go to an individual link, like:

http://foo.example.com/cgi-bin/14all-1.1.cgi?log=somemachine_192.168.0.1

I get an "Error: Cannot create graph" image.

The httpd error log says:

 File does not exist: /usr/local/www/data/usr

(/usr/local/www/data is the DocumentRoot for the virtualhost in Apache;
/usr/local/www/cgi-bin is where the script lives; the MRTG data lives in
/usr/local/var/mrtg/traffic)

The MRTG config has:

WorkDir: /usr/local/var/mrtg
LogDir:  /usr/local/var/mrtg

I realize I haven't given the full configs here yet, but can someone
give me a pointer, or let me know if this rings any obvious bells? I'm
sure it's something really stupid.