[mrtg] Re: MRTG & MIB usage - need help

kelsey hudson khudson at tsss.org
Sat Oct 15 17:38:39 MEST 2005

From: Nik DuVall:
> I am trying to get the CPU Utilization from my Adtran NetVanta 1224R, yet I
> have not figured out how to setup my config file properly.  Can someone
> please help me do so?

[..snip..]

> Adtran MIB file I am using can be found on the web at
> http://www.adtran.com/adtranpx/Doc/0/J5NCO4DS9D3KL06RTN3SL96D0C/adunit.mib

Looks good.

[..snip..]

> ### CPU Utilization ###
>
> Target[192.168.1.1-CPU]:
> adUnitCpuUtil&adUnitCurrentCpuUtil:public at 192.168.1.1:::::2
> Title[192.168.1.1-CPU]: CPU Utilization
> MaxBytes[192.168.1.1-CPU]: 100
> Options[192.168.1.1-CPU]: integer gauge noo
> PageTop[192.168.1.1-CPU]: dummy

aha. herein lies your problem:

adUnitCpuUtil is a class, where adUnitCurrentCpuUtil is an identifier,
you probably want something like:

adUnitCpuUtil.adUnitCurrentCpuUtil.0&adUnitCpuUtil.adUnitCurrentCpuUtil.0:public at 192.168.1.1:::::2

as your target. If that doesn't work, try removing the .0 from the end
of the OID. It also appears as though you're running windows. If you
have the cygwin tools installed or access to a unix box with the
net-snmp utils installed, you might want to load that MIB into snmpwalk
and walk the device's tree. That way, you'd know exactly which OID to probe.

> OUTPUT FROM MRTG
> C:\MRTG\bin>perl mrtg test.cfg
> WARNING:
> Daemonizing MRTG ...
> Do Not close this window. Or MRTG will die
> C:/MRTG/bin\..\lib\
[..snip..]

Hope this helps out some ...

-Kelsey