[mrtg] Re: strange data gather

brunon at abstynenci.org brunon at abstynenci.org
Fri Oct 28 14:59:02 MEST 2005

> the picuture display the traffice is
> In: 25.0 MB/s
> Out: 30.6 MB/s
>
> But when I use snmpget, I get data
>
> snmpget -v 2c -c public -m /usr/local/mrtg/mibs/BlueArc.824w.mib
> ba-adm ethernetInBytes.1
> ethernetInBytes.1 98153685734632
>
> snmpget -v 2c -c public -m /usr/local/mrtg/mibs/BlueArc.824w.mib
> ba-adm ethernetOutBytes.1
> ethernetOutBytes.1 309495727944137
>
> I think there are some big differences between what I get from snmpget
> and MRTG get.

Looks ok - these are counter type data sources - snmpget won't show you
explicit traffic values, if that's your problem. Counters are always
incrementing and mrtg calculates traffic here by measuring differences
between read counter values and dividing it by number of second in
configured interval. I think it's described somewhere on the MRTG
homepage.

Lukasz