[mrtg] Cisco 2509 async port byte counters ... Any clues?

kelsey hudson khudson at tsss.org
Sun Sep 11 22:08:08 MEST 2005

I'm using a Cisco 2509's async ports for random things -- I have a UPS
connected to one port, the console of a managed switch to another, a
serial printer on one, etc.

I'd like to monitor the traffic to/from each async port, but I'm
absolutely clueless when it comes to SNMP (and I can't find
documentation anywhere as far as which OIDs I should be monitoring to
get the results I desire). None of the ports have IP enabled -- I'm just
using them as standard tty ports.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
-Kelsey Hudson