[mrtg] Protocolwise and hostwise traffic measurement on a NAT gateway

Yogesh Hasabnis yhasabnis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 15:42:08 MEST 2005

Hi All,
I am a new member of the list. Apologies if I am repeating a question
already present in the archives. I have a Linux NAT gateway for allowing the
hosts in my LAN to access the internet link. Iptables is used for NATting. I
would like to have some pointers about configuration of mrtg to allow me to
monitor the internet bandwidth usage (in real time if possible) by
1. individual protocols (like http, ftp etc).
2. Individual hosts behind the NAT gateway (hosts in the LAN).

This is required to confirm that the bandwidth shaping I am trying to
configure using tc is actually working as required or not.

Thanks In Advance

Yogesh H