[mrtg] Ambiuous &

Pavleck, Jeremy D. Jeremy.Pavleck at capella.edu
Fri Sep 23 03:57:27 MEST 2005

Greetings,
 I noticed a similar question posed back in March, but there didn't seem
to be a response, so I will re-ask it and see if maybe someone knows
this time.

 I'm running a MRTG 2.10.15 installation on Solaris 9. I've installed
NetSNMP and varied the way I write the target but nothing seems to work.

 I receive the following error, and my graphs don't work for that
particular counter: (From mrtg --debug="snpo" my.cfg)
ERROR: Target[server-disk_used][_IN_]
'iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.ucdavis.dskTable.dskEntry.dskU
sed.1&iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.ucdavis.dskTable.dskEntry
.dskAvail. $target->[45]{$mode} ' (warn): Ambiguous use of & resolved as
operator & at (eval 96) line 1.
ERROR: Target[server-disk_used][_OUT_]
'iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.ucdavis.dskTable.dskEntry.dskU
sed.1&iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.ucdavis.dskTable.dskEntry
.dskAvail. $target->[45]{$mode} ' (warn): Ambiguous use of & resolved as
operator & at (eval 97) line 1.

The target line for that particular machine looks like this:
Target[server-disk_used]:
iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.ucdavis.dskTable.dskEntry.dskUs
ed.1&iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.ucdavis.dskTable.dskEntry.
dskAvail.1:community at server

Now if I run snmpwalk from the server MRTG is running on, this is what I
get back:
bash-2.05$ ./snmpwalk -v 1 -c comunity server dskAvail.1
UCD-SNMP-MIB::dskAvail.1 = INTEGER: 1934601

So that works, right? Various other things that I refrence by name work,
but it seems a lot of the hardware counters don't - CPU, Disk, etc. I've
even gone and added LoadMIBs: /usr/local/mrtg-2/mibs/UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt to
the conf JUST IN CASE I was missing something. I even get the error
message when I'm refrencing the complete numerical OID.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'd really like to get this working if I
could.

Jeremy D. Pavleck
Network Engineer