[mrtg] AW: Re: NTP with negativ drift

Schlupkothen, Guido Guido.Schlupkothen at thyssenkrupp.com
Thu Sep 29 13:41:46 MEST 2005

|-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

[...]
|Yes, you have to tune your rrdfile.  Once it is created, just do:
|
|rrdtool tune -i DS0:-5 -i DS1:-5 /path/to/the/rrdfile.rrd
|
|That will lower the minimum from 0 to -5.
|
|I really should hack up that chunk of code to deal with
|minimums so that
|it will create the rrd's correctly the first time.  It's not hard, and
|it would be a help when I monitor RSSI on various wireless devices.

Hi Daniel,

thx for your hint and yes, it´s working fine now.
Only the syntax is sometwhat different, I had to use it this way:

rrdtool tune /path/to/the/rrdfile.rrd -i ds0:-5 -i ds1:-5

First the rrd-file, then the options and the "ds0" seems to be case sensitive.

The next time I have to rtfm ;o)

Best regards
Guido Schlupkothen