[mrtg] Re: Channelized T1 Question

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Thu Sep 29 18:50:52 MEST 2005

> I have seen in the past MRTG graph the channels of a T1 - however I
> don't know how it was done. I looked through the on-line documentation
> and could find no reference for this and I am looking to graph the
> individual channels of my T1 - does anyone know how to do this?

If you're asking about graphing the *traffic* on the individual
subinterfaces under a channelized T1, that is normally not really an
MRTG-specific thing. Usually what you'd need to do is find out the
subinterface your router assigned to each channel of the channelized T1
circuit and graph each of those subinterfaces seperately (they should all
have their own OIDs). From MRTG's perspective, each subinterface is just a
"normal" interface since the router treats the subinterfaces that way for
the purposes of counters and SNMP.

     -Bill