[mrtg] IP aliasing / multiple network interfaces

Whisky whisky at level0.org
Tue Aug 1 09:06:46 MEST 2006

Dear list members,

I am using mrtg 2.14.3 on a Debian (testing) Server. SNMPD is installed as
well.

The machine has 64 IP addresses and the interfaces are named eth0, eth0:1,
eth0:2, eth0:3, etc. Is it possible to set up mrtg to monitor all these
interfaces? My goal is to generate monthly (and daily) traffic statistics
for each IP address.

I've already tried to find some info about mrtg together with ip
aliasing/multiple interfaces but as I am quite the mrtg newbie, I haven't
found anything usefull yet. Some instructions would be very much
appreciated.

Thank you very much for your efforts,

Stefan