[mrtg] disk usage statistic is not correct...

ert weerr sun1sol at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 4 03:31:29 MEST 2006

Guys,

mrtg-2.10.15, netsnmp-5.1.1, solaris 8.

I'd like to monitor the file system usage on two
partitions.

#
# Disk Usage Monitoring
#

Target[server.disk]:dskPercent.2&dskPercent.4:community at localhost
MaxBytes[server.disk]: 100
Title[server.disk]: Disk Usage on /usr and /opt
PageTop[server.disk]: <H1>Disk Partition Usage /usr
and /opt %</H1>
Unscaled[server.disk]: ymwd
ShortLegend[server.disk]: % Disk space used
YLegend[server.disk]: Utilization
Legend1[server.disk]: /usr disk:
Legend2[server.disk]: /opt disk:
Legend3[server.disk]:
Legend4[server.disk]:
LegendI[server.disk]: /usr disk:
LegendO[server.disk]: /opt disk:
Options[server.disk]: gauge,nopercent,growright

# snmpget -v 1 -c community localhost dskPercent.2
UCD-SNMP-MIB::dskPercent.2 = INTEGER: 33
# snmpget -v 1 -c community localhost dskPercent.4
UCD-SNMP-MIB::dskPercent.4 = INTEGER: 14

The strange thing is that I only have a thin blue line
on the bottom of the graph which is about 10% high.
I would expect a green shaded area at 14% and and a
blue line at 33%, or am I missing something?

On the more details page the Legend also shows some
strange values:
Max /usr disk:  1.0 % Disk space used   Average /usr
disk:  1.0 % Disk space used   Current /usr disk:  1.0
% Disk space used
Max /opt disk:  1.0 % Disk space used   Average /opt
disk:  1.0 % Disk space used   Current /opt disk:  1.0
% Disk space used

Why all of these are 1.0%?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,