[mrtg] Re: MRTG and cablemodem problem

Jason DeCamp jason at damnlag.net
Tue Aug 22 01:14:19 MEST 2006

MRTG doesn't care what the IP mode of the interface is. I graph the
outside interface of my firewall box with no issue, and it uses dynamic
IP. As for the issue of higher values than should be present, what brand
of device are you using?  Also, do you graph the data from the eth0 device
as well to compare values?

-J

Alejandro wrote:
> Dear all, I have installed MRTG in my Debian box connected to a 128Kbps
> cablemoden link with my eth0 card....I have  a dynamic IP.
>
> When I see the MRTG graph, it  doesn't match with the real use of the
> link, and I see bit rates too much greater than 128Kbps....and I see
> lines of traffic in hours when I was not connected. I used snmpv1 and
> snmpv2c, and it's the same.
>
> What can be the problem ??? Is MRTG appropriate to use with dynamic IP's
> ???
>
> Thanking in advance.
>
> Alejandro
>
> --