[mrtg] Re: 2 ip-adresses on 1 interface

Jason DeCamp jason at damnlag.net
Thu Aug 24 20:08:34 MEST 2006

MRTG monitors the interface itself, not the IPs attached to it. I have a
server with five IPs on the interface, MRTG displays one address, but it
monitors all traffic. I'm certain this is the case, as the address
displayed in the config and on the page isn't in use, but is attached.

Hope that helps.

jo warson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I installed mrtg for some iis servers. On one server the outgoing NIC
> has 2 ip-adressess assigned. One general and one for SSL.
> I make my cfg file by pointing towards the general ip address
> (public at x.x.129.87). Now when i look at my graph it refers to the ip
> address of the ssl x.x.129.85.
> x.x.129.85 is the first address i see when i do an ipconfig on the server.
>
> Question;
> - Does mrtg still monitor all traffic for the interface or just for the
> x.x.129.85?
> - If not how do i configure mrtg to display info on all ip-adressess for
> one interface (NIC)?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> jo
>
> --

"Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese
schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to
see my "Cthulu Special"?"