[mrtg] Re: [Solved] Cannot determine ifNumber

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Mon Aug 28 15:17:53 MEST 2006

--debug has helped to solve this problem - the problem was old
iNNumber<-->ifDescr mapping in the cache. After removing *.ok files
the problem disappeared. However, it would be good if the cache
would not be so persistent. Maybe a lifetime of 10*Refresh or something
like that would be more appropriate. Vlan devices gets destroyed
and then created, and the interface numbering changes on many systems,
not only on Linux with VLANs.

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |