[mrtg] Measuring a closing circuit

Markus Reimer markus.reimer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 23:32:21 MET 2006

Hi,

I have a electricity meter that has a closing relay for a specific
number of Wh that my house uses. That means that I can add 0-24V to
that relay and get a pulse for each time the number of Wh is consumed.

But...

Then it must get into the computer and in to MRTG.

Is there anyone that has done something similar that I might benefit from?

I have no problems creating circuit boards from descriptions and can
easily add this to the parallel port, but my programming sucks. :-)

I have both linux and windows-servers running with MRTG right now.

Thankful for all help I can get!
--
//Markus Reimer