[mrtg] Re: SNMP communication problem

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Fri Dec 8 13:50:47 MET 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 08:43 +0100, Camille Bégnis wrote:
> Daniel J McDonald a écrit :
> > On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 18:26 +0100, Camille Bégnis wrote:

> >> Unknown SNMP var ssCpuRawIdle.0
> >>  at /usr/bin/mrtg line 2035
> >
> > ssCpuRawUser.0 is not an OID known to mrtg.  You will need to use
> > LoadMibs:
> > with the name of the mib file that defines ssCpuRawUser
>
> Yes I did that:
> LoadMIBs: /usr/share/snmp/mibs/UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt
>
> (The full config is in my initial message)
>
> I checked the file is readable and actually contains the OID:
>
> # grep ssCpuRawUser /usr/share/snmp/mibs/UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt
> ssCpuRawUser OBJECT-TYPE
>

> I'm really lost...

UCD-SNMP-MIB has two imports:
IMPORTS
    OBJECT-TYPE, NOTIFICATION-TYPE, MODULE-IDENTITY,
    Integer32, Opaque, enterprises, Counter32
        FROM SNMPv2-SMI

    TEXTUAL-CONVENTION, DisplayString, TruthValue
        FROM SNMPv2-TC;

You may want to try importing those two files.  Import them before the
mib you want to use.  The perl snmp_utils module does not follow import
references for you, unlike the net-snmp tools written in C.

I've never needed to include those two files, but I almost always have
to include the CISCO-SMI and CISCO-TC mibs...
--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy