[mrtg] Re: Vijay - mrtg with Sonicwall Pro 3060

Vijay Ramnarayan vijay.ramnarayan at intransa.com
Tue Feb 7 08:30:28 MET 2006

Hi,

a) When mrtg is configured as 2 at public:<LAN Interface> or
1 at public<External interface> I see the packets from the mrtg configured
linux box reaching the Sonicwall Box on UDP port 161.  I am not able to
understand whether it is dropping the connection.

b) Loadedd the mibs from a separate directory in mrtg.cfg as under :
   LoadMIBs : /usr/libs/sonicmibs/.... (loaded 3 mib file given by
		                            ...........Sonicwall )
c) SNMP is enabled on both the interfaces.

d) From the LAN I am unable to ping the external Interface. The firewall
may
    not be allowing this operation. Most of the firewalls donot allow to

    access the external Interface from the LAN.

Let me know where I am going wrong ??

Vijay Kumar.