[mrtg] Threshold + Maxbytes

Jonathan Carpenter jonathan.carpenter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 22:21:13 MET 2006

I am monitoring number of incomming connections. I want my mrtg.conf to run
a script with 90% of my total max connection are meet. I have gotten this to
work by setting
MaxBytes1[target]: 120
This is the most allowed incomming connections.
I have also set ThreshMaxI[target]: 90  I understand that this will run my
script with 90% of my connections are being used. Is this correct or will I
have to specify it as 90%?
I have setup ThreshProgI[target]: /path/to/my/run_script
so far this seems to be working or atleast running my script. I have 2
questions, 1) Do I need to specify 90 or 90% for 90 percent. 2) I want to
also run another script if it reaches
95% of my incomming connections. How can I get it to look at 90% and 95% for
this job?
                               Thanks,
--
Jonathan Carpenter