[mrtg] Re: cfgmaker errors - can't locate "cleanhostkey" - using perl

Scott_Rochford at DELL.com Scott_Rochford at DELL.com
Tue Feb 21 17:55:36 MET 2006

> Just for grins, and since I saw that cfgmaker is an executable
> script, I tried just running it outright - and to my amazement it
> worked.
> What does this mean? Do I have a borked perl install? Was I just
> doing it wrong? Can I expect problems in the future?

Try comparing the output of 'which perl', which identifies the perl
binary you would have executed the first time, with the very first line
of the 'cfgmaker' script.  If they differ, then that could explain the
different behaviour.