[mrtg] Log manipulation tool?

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Mon Jan 23 19:01:30 MET 2006

Is there any tool to manipulate MRTG .log files?

On some graphs, I wind up with big anomalous spikes that destroy the
scale of the graph.  I like to go in and change the log lines that do
that.  Sometimes, I just can't find them... I have one now that shows an
enormous spike in the middle of November.  I went down the lines, past
the 300 second lines, past the 1800 second lines, past the 7200 second
lines, and got to the 86400 second lines.  Since it was a month and a
half before the "month" chart, I figured the offending line would be
about 45 lines down.  It isn't.  And I cannot find it anywhere.
Considering the spike is up to about 80Mb/s around an average of 2 Mb/s,
it should stand out like a sore thumb.