[mrtg] Re: Running 30 day graphs

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jan 26 21:21:09 MET 2006

> presents a pretty nice graph. But it's only monthly and
> yearly totals, based on the calendar. What I'm looking for is
> to be able to display a running 30 day total usage. A google
> search brings nothing helpful, and I'm not fluent in perl to
> be able to modify any scripts.

(shameless self-promotion ahead)

If you install routers2 as your frontend for MRTG, then this will
automatically do totalling over the last day, week, month and year.  Here's
an example:
http://www.steveshipway.org/cgi-bin/routers2.pl?rtr=hosts%2Fhost-a.cfg&xgtyp
e=d&if=host-a-snmp-if-2

This runs from your MRTG .cfg files and usually requires no extra
configuration.  You will need to enable 95th Percentile/Total calculations
in the routers2.conf file.

Steve