[mrtg] Interface Filters

adam-green at ntlworld.com adam-green at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 31 15:58:06 MET 2006

Dear all,

I am using MRTG on a number of Wi-Max devices.  Some of these have numerous interface, which MRTG considers to be duplicates.  In order to reduce the amount of redundant information gathered, I wish to use an interface filter to limit these to only the air and ethernet interfaces.  I wondered how this could be done?

I have already tried using the '--if-filter=' option:

--if-filter=wssd0 (the name of the interface I am interested in)

I have also tried:
--if-filter=~/wssd0/

and using the --ifdesc and --ifref options to force the references to type name. (I've also tried number and type).

This has not yielded the required response, as MRTG continues to gather exactly the same information as when not using these switches.

I would be most grateful if someone could nudge me in the right direction.

Kind Regards,
Adam Green