[mrtg] 10Gig Interface MaxBytes with Cfg

Geba, Scott Scott_Geba at cable.comcast.com
Fri Jul 14 16:32:51 MEST 2006

I have read through the manuals, and went back as far as I could with
the list so I hope I didn't miss this. I'm using MRTG/RRDTool to graph
some routers. Every one of my routers has numerous gige interfaces and
at least 2 10Gigabit interfaces on them and active. Is there any way to
have the correct MaxBytes associated to them automatically without
having to go in and replace them in the cfg? I just started using MRTG
and haven't gotten too deep into script creating or anything.

One more thing, I think I already know the answer, but I'll ask anyway,
you can just ignore it... Quite a few of my routers have port channels
with 3 10GigE links in them, is there a way to automate MaxBytes on
these, or is find and replace my friend? Thanks in advance!