[mrtg] Re: 10Gig Interface MaxBytes with Cfg

Volk,Gregory B greg.volk at edwardjones.com
Fri Jul 14 17:52:02 MEST 2006

> IF-MIB::ifSpeed.1 = Gauge32: 4294967295
>
> I am walking a Cisco 7609. That is whats reported for all 10G
> and higher (port channels) links. I am using 64bit counters
> in MRTG (I think...x.x.x.x:::::2)

Regarding the 64 bit counters flags, did you also tell cfgmaker to use
64 bit counters when building the config file? (It sounds like you did,
but I'm not sure so I figured I'd mention it anyway). Here are the
cfgmaker flags that I use, although I have to admin, I don't have any
interfaces with speeds beyond a 4Gig port channel:

cfgmaker --snmp-options=:::::2 --ifref=descr --ifdesc=descr --global
"Options[_]: growright,bits" --subdirs=HOSTNAME public at router