[mrtg] Re: MRTG percent bandwidth utilization

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Thu Jul 20 10:00:00 MEST 2006

> I notice on the graphs it shows a percentage next to In and Out.  Is
there
> a way to graph those values?  I'm hoping that's the percentage of
> utilization to Max Speed.  Is this correct?  Thanks.
>
> Chandler Bing
Correct, the percentage is calculated on Maxbytes (regardless of whether
you use the AbsMax parameter)

So you want a graph that does not show 0-xMBps but show 0-100%?
Modify the target line (substituting appropriate values):
Target[filename]: interface:public at ipaddress / maxbytes * 100

change the maxbytes to MaxBytes[filename]: 100

and play with the YLegend

Peter